Due to the particularity of stainless steel plate, its main processing methods include cold processing and hot processing. However, cold processing is often slow and inefficient, mainly used for cutting specifications and shapes. There are many hot working methods. According to different situations, the cutting effect is different, and the cost is also different. For details, we can see the specific cutting method.
1. Flame cutting equipment: low cost, it is a means of cutting thick metal plates, but it has its disadvantages when cutting thin plates. Compared with plasma, flame cutting has larger heat affected zone and larger thermal deformation.
2. Laser cutting: The laser cutting equipment can cut stainless steel plates less than 30 mm, and 40 mm thick carbon steel can be cut by adding oxygen to the laser beam, but a thin oxide film will be formed on the cutting surface after cutting with oxygen.
3. Wire cutting: wire cutting is referred to as electric spark wire. It is developed on the basis of electric spark drilling. It not only develops the application of EDM, but also replaces EDM drilling in some aspects.
4. Plate shears: The plate shears exert shear force on stainless steel plates of various thicknesses through moving upper blades and fixed lower blades, so that the metal plates can be broken and separated according to the required size. Shearing machine is one of the forging machines, mainly used in metal processing industry.
5. Plasma cutting machine: plasma cutting is a processing method that uses the heat of high temperature plasma arc to melt (and evaporate) the stainless steel plate part or workpiece gap part, and uses the momentum of high-speed plasma to remove molten metal to form a gap.
The cold processing methods of stainless steel plate cutting mainly include sawing machine cutting, wire cutting, water cutting, plate cutting, punch machining, drilling and other methods. The molding quality is generally high, but the efficiency is low. It is often unable to meet the needs of mass production, and thermal processing cutting methods mainly include plasma cutting and laser cutting. Plasma cutting is fast and efficient, but the cutting quality is not as good as laser, but the purchase and use cost of the whole machine is much lower than laser. The above introduction must provide you with a lot of knowledge. If you need it, please pay attention to us.